Monday, November 11, 2013

Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone promote ‘Ram-Leela’ in Bangalore

Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone promote ‘Ram-Leela’ in Bangalore
At a press conference in Bangalore today, the naughty Ranveer Singh and the dazzling Deepika Padukone exclaimed how happy they were with the upcoming release of their film Ram-Leela.  Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Ram-Leela’, is a desi adaptation of Shakespeare`s renowned play Romeo and Juliet that promises to follow in the footsteps of some of his previously acclaimed work.

The film maker has seen more ups than downs in his career. In 2002, ‘Devdas’, with Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai, won accolades in India and abroad. This was followed by a National Award for best Feature Film for ‘Black’. His films namely ‘Saawariya’, ‘Guzarish’ and other films backed by his production house in the recent years include: ‘My friend Pinto’, ‘Shirin Farhad ki Nikal Padi’ are a few which have added to his success. 

Ranveer Singh says working with filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali in upcoming movie `Ram Leela` has made him a better actor. The 28-year-old has teamed up with Bhansali for the first time and he feels honoured that the director chose him for his project.
"It is a privilege for a newcomer to be working with somebody whose reputation precedes him. He is a master craftsmen, an actor`s dream. The way he has directed me, he has made me ten times the actor I ever was," Ranveer told reporters at the press conference.
While Deepika seemed a little nervous and excited, she mentioned that her expectations were high following the release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram-Leela. The actress Deepika Padukone stated that she hoped her performance would be remembered as fondly as Bhansali's previous heroines.
She said, “I hope 2014 is as special for me as 2013 was. At the beginning of the year, the only thing I knew was that I was going to have four releases. I didn't know how each film was going to do. Each film was so different from the other. It also tested me in terms of the amount of work I was doing. I am a little nervous, a little anxious but I think it's always nice to have that feeling. It's like a test."


The movie is slated to release in theatres across the country on November 15th, 2013.